Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Bucket List 2.0

I figured now that I'm receiving AARP ads in the mail it's ok for me to come up with a "before I die" bucket list without coming off all maudlin about my own mortality.  I've developed a few lists over the years but figured it was time for some updating.  As a crotchety-old-man in training it's my perogative to change my mind as I see fit.

So here's what's in the bucket...

1.  I'd like Morgan Freeman to narrate something interesting about me.  Wouldn't we all?  Ok, it doesn't even have to be interesting.  Hell he could talk about me brushing my teeth and it would sound cool.

2.  One last time I'd like to sit in the Spaten bier tent at the Munich Oktoberfest drinking my favorite bier.  

3.  Some day I hope to hold my grandchild in my arms and to hear them call me Papa or Papa John.

4.  I'd like to be able to retain all the cherished memories I've collected over my life and forget all the bad ones.  

5.  I want to still be able to snowboard when I'm 75. 

6.  I'd like to have Christina Hendricks hand me a tumbler of a very fine single malt and say, "Is there anything else I can do for you, Mr. Draper?"  Must include lots of body language, the purple dress and pouty lips.  Hey, it's my list!

7.  I'd like to be able to buy a bottle of Louis XIII and share it with family and friends.  Oh and some Cubans as well.  Cigars, not people.  

8.  I want to see the sun set on a beach in Hawaii. 

9.  I want to see the sun rise over the Alps. 

10.  I'd like to ride a train (1st class) through Europe. 

11.  I'd like to spend Christmas with both daughters and their families.  

12.  I want to see my girls achieve personal success and find true happiness.  They're definitely on the right track.

13.  I want to run one more marathon, preferably through Death Valley. 

14.  I'd like to work on a vineyard during harvest time.  

15.  I want to ride a horse bareback without personal injury.  

16.  I'd like to find a chocolate old fashion doughnut as good as the ones I use to get from that old grocery store in Daly City, California back when I was a kid. 

17.  I'd like to conduct my own personal taste test between California's finest big reds and Bordeaux's best.  Someone will have to provide the wine, though.

18.  I want to sit with someone who's willing to listen to all my stories without judgement or falling asleep.  

19.  I'd like to be able to leave this existence quickly and quietly with little fanfare, leaving enough behind for everyone to have a wicked cool party.

Well I think that's it for now.  So let's get started.  Where's the horse?




No comments:

Post a Comment