Monday, January 27, 2014

TSA, you're alright...

Ah, what a blessing they are. Those rare moments when those things that typically bring you grief or irritation actually manage to brighten your day.  

Thank you TSA!  Thank you for letting me keep my shoes on.  Thank you for letting me keep my laptop in my computer bag. What a way to start a Monday!  

Basking
in the glow of unbridled joy, I told the TSA agent "you're my new best friend!"   She told me I should thank the K9 squad.  Apparently running the dogs up and down the security line was enough to let us retain our clothing, computers and a smidge of our dignity. I'll be honest, when they told us to form a single line, making me step out of the priority line, I was a little miffed. But I mustard up my good spirits and waited for the K9 sniff-down. An adorable black lab was making the rounds and it was only the steely black sidearm of the police officer that kept me from reaching down to the dog and showering him with baby talk snugg'ems.  It was a little unnerving when the lab stopped right in front of me and buried his feet on my shoes (Merrells). A quizzical look from the officer made me blurt out "He must smell the horse manure."  Really?  Did I just say that?  Hey my shoes are clean but for some reason I had to channel the idiot in me and say something utterly ridiculous.  Oh well, at least I made it through security in record time.  

Ok, so off to Texas. Let's hope the good fortune of my TSA experience carries over throughout the rest of the week.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh I wonder if they added to dogs now to sniff out Marijuana from being taken out of the state.

    ReplyDelete