Friday, May 31, 2013

Let the sale begin!

So this weekend is our annual community garage sale weekend.  An opportunity to lay out our fabulous junk for would-be treasure seekers.  Unlike most folks I don't usually determine the success of a garage sale in terms of how much money we make.  Typically if I'm able to unload that one god-awful item that would just as easily find a home at a local landfill then as far as I'm concerned that garage sale was a success.  But making a few bucks is definitely foremost on my mind.  Not because I'm wanting to roll around like Demi Moore, semi-naked on a bed of dollar bills.  No, more so because whatever profit we might make selling our stuff my darling wife is usually spending it on other people's unwanted treasures.  But to be fair she usually does find some pretty cool stuff with the exception of that treadmill that is still sitting in our basement, unused since the day she bought it.  I'm sure we could decorate it with planters or some other adorable creation from DIY's "Rehad Addict".  Oh well....

So come on over.  Give us the opportunity to move our crap into your garage to go along with all your crap.  Come on, daddy needs wine!


1 comment:

  1. don't ya just love having garage and yard sales?
    I like it when it's over and my free boxes are empty

    I'm having a huge clean out yard sale next weekend for 3-4 days hoping all the rain is over by then

    i still buy from my neighbors also LOL

    ReplyDelete