Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Bloody well right...

Thank you Blogger app on the iPhone. After my recent mishap and now being relegated to the "hunt n peck" technique of typing I can still blog using my trusty thumb without all the aggravation of using a normal keyboard.

Wow, you never know how much you use a body part until you injure it. Who knew my right hand ring finger played such an integral role in my life. The sharp, darting pain is a keen reminder of how busy that little finger usually is. I can only hope the recovery is quick. Having this club on my finger is one thing but for those that know me I suck in the patience department. I can tell my ire is up more than usual, even with all the positive quotes and mental exercises. Probably best I'm heading out on business travel today. I think I'm wearing a bit thin on my wife.

No, I didn't go see a doctor. Recall my previous comment about patience. Plus there's nothing to stitch. There's just this nice divot in my finger. Kinda reminds me of my golf game. Ironic because I swear at that too. Guess this accident just proves I'm my father's son. Dad can't do anything without drawing blood. Don't think it's so much that we're all tough and macho. It's more that we haven't quite mastered the use of tools that our ancestors did thousands of years ago. Oh well, if its not a core competency then outsource. Sorry honey.

I won't post a pic of the wound but I'll send it to whoever is freakish enough to want to see it. You know it just occurred to me that I never found the part I cut off. Is it still considered cannibalism if you eat yourself???

No comments:

Post a Comment