Friday, February 8, 2013

Color me much better mood...

Ok, I was all set to go off on a rant this morning.  Well, yesterday actually.  It was one of those days where a few things kinda got me spun up.  I was running on the treadmill at the gym and my mind started fixating on a particular topic that really got my blood boiling.  So still simmering, later that afternoon Julie and I took a little excursion to go check out some train tracks way up past Walker Ranch, in hopes of finding a nice location for a photo shoot.  The drive was a bit longer than I anticipated and afterwards I realized I could've cut the drive time in almost half if I would've gone a different way.  Blood still boiling.  My situation didn't get any better as I realized all the pictures I was taking of the surrounding area pretty much sucked big ones.  Yep, it was one of those times I wished I was cloned so I could take the camera out of my hands and bitch slap myself with it, screaming, "YOU HAVE NO F'ING BUSINESS HOLDING A CAMERA!!"  My beautiful Julie pretty much caught my vibe and asked if I was "cranky pants."  I did my best to lie but I'm pretty sure the steam coming out of my ears told a much different story.  

So not being of sound mind or good mood, I was all set to get my piss and vinegar on today.  Fortunately my day actually started out pretty great.  My trainer has taken the big leap and is off running her own fitness business and is doing amazingly well.  I went to her O'dark 30 boot camp and had an awesome workout.  I even managed to overcome my previous shame by finally climbing this frickin' rope that hangs from the ceiling of a rather tall ceiling.  On my way home I stopped by a nearby Starbucks for my hazelnut coffee and as I was making my way out of the parking lot I noticed the beautiful morning sunrise reflecting off of this building.  Fortunately I had my camera in the car so I pulled over and snapped a few shots.  I'm pretty sure the photos don't come close to capturing how beautiful the colors of the sunrise appeared at that time but it was great to have my attention diverted to something more pleasing to the eye and to the soul.  It's times like that I feel like God is saying to me, "You know, John, if you weren't such a tool at times you might actually appreciate the beauty that's around you instead of being such a pissy little baby." 

Ok, ok, message received.  Thanks for the wake up call, Big Guy.  Here's to a wonderful day and a great weekend to come.  I promise, at least until my next episode, to take in all the wonderful things around me first and then worry about taking photos later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment