Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Say what?!

Now don't get me wrong, I love my beautiful wife more than dark chocolate, sourdough and a big fat cab, and if you know anything about me then you know thats a pretty hefty amount of smoochy love. Trying to count all the reasons why I love her would be like trying to count all the stars in the sky so let me pick out one just for fun.

Honesty! This woman tells it like it is, no filter. It's refreshing, candid and sometimes a little brutal. "Brutal" you say? Not possible. Oh but it is. Allow me to illustrate. A while back, in the not-to-distant-past, on an early afternoon after running errands, we decided to stop at Lodo's (aka sports bar) for some early happy hour suds. Not wanting a booth we decided to belly up to the bar. No sooner did we sit down did this lovely angel of mine announce, "Oh my God, honey, if I wasn't here right now you'd totally fit in with this crowd!" Before I could assume she meant "hip happenin' crowd", I could see that the entire bar consisted of guys ranging in age between 40 and 50+. Lonely guys, nursing their drinks like it was the last girl on earth. Their heads moved in unison, zeroing in on the 20 something, cleavage bearing waitress moving about the bar. "Really?! I'd fit right in?!" Now I can understand the young, cute barista at Starbucks making an unassuming crack about my age but my darling wife? Ahhhh, the devastation, the hurt, the kick in the groin humiliation. Now to her credit she did try to do some damage control, gently stroking my brittle male pride but alas the cat was out of the bag, gacking up a fur ball all over my ego. Well what can you do? I am on the B side of my life but you'd like to think I could still light a spark for my baby. Oh well, as long as she's not looking to trade me in for Bradley Cooper just yet I guess I'll just have to endure.

Of course I say all this while sitting alone at Fox 'n Hound in Texas. And the truth shall set you free!




No comments:

Post a Comment