Friday, January 4, 2013

Step 1: Shake head in confusion...

Although I've lived among the natives all my life I have yet to truly understand the vast complexities and inner workings of the female mind. For example, explain the rational to me of spending as much as $6,000 or more on a dress you'll only wear once. That kind of reasoning only comes in a double-x chromosome combo. My oldest is engaged to be married this year so let the stress begin!   Her mother and I have come to a mutual agreement on a budget, so now comes the unenviable task of aligning dreams with reasonable expectations. Don't know if its just me but I think the real angst any father has over his daughter's wedding (assuming for one that the groom is a great guy, which in this case he is) is not that the wedding is too expensive but rather the frustration and disappointment of not being able to give his little angel everything she wants. All daddy's girls deserve to be spoiled and mine is no exception. Just wish I wasn't standing so damn close to my own personal fiscal cliff.  There will be more to say on this topic as the year progresses I can assure you of that.  Now whether those posts remain lighthearted and humorous will remain to be seen.  Just need to keep plenty of vodka in the house.  Man, I still can't believe my little girl is getting married.

No comments:

Post a Comment